Wednesday, November 7, 2012

OPENING CREDITS

     What is up internet?  Here’s the deal, I am a movie junkie. I can only work release dates and awards season hopefuls into a conversation so many times before those I’m closest to shun me like an Amish girl who Rumspringa’d a little too hard. So that leaves me with you, World Wide Web to geek out to about new trailers, casting news, and to ask questions like what are Jeremy Irons and Viola Davis doing in Beautiful Creatures, the likely bad response to Twilight?
     So Internet, here is what I have to offer, I’ll share my thoughts on new movies, old movies, actors, awards season and anything movie related I can get my hands on. In return, I ask that you lead this blog to someone of influence in Hollywood so I can pull a Diablo Cody and win an Academy Award, minus the stripping of course.
     So to kick things off I’ll share with you the opening sequence of one of my favorite movies. It’s appropriate in this circumstance I think. In You’ve Got Mail Kathleen Kelly played by Meg Ryan writes to a mystery man she met online about their mutual love of books. I think half of the time she’s writing to him and the other half she’s writing it to put it out there for the universe to pick up.  In a moment of vulnerability she says to her online mystery man
So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void.

2 comments: