Thursday, November 8, 2012

LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES

     I have a confession to make, Internet. As foolish as it sounds my infatuation with the silver screen is fueled by the seductive measures of a man. He’s spectacular really. His body is statuesque and he goes by the name of Oscar. He comes around once a year on my favorite holiday, Academy Awards Night. I know it’s not a federal or religious holiday, but I plan my vacation days around it and I spend weeks preparing so it totally counts.  
     It’s been 85 years since the first Academy Awards were handed out and I would love to tell you that I’ve seen every movie that ever won an award since then, but I have things to do. I am however putting together a list of all the movies that I think will be nominated for major awards at this year’s ceremonies. This way I can catch all of them in the theaters and cross my fingers for my favorites on awards night. I don’t have any stakes in the winners, it’s not like I have a bookie and my life savings running on the dark horse drama. I’ll make it to work the next morning with all of my fingers, so don’t worry about that.
     I have a rough list of movies that I think will be real contenders at this year’s ceremonies. I put this list together considering multiple factors. I’ll spare you the details on that for now, but here are the movies I’ll be watching between now and February 26th. You may notice that a few of these movies have already been released in theaters. I’ve seen a few already and I’ll tell you my thoughts on them next time. I’ll share the trailers with you and a quick recap so that when the Academy Awards come around and if these films actually are nominated, you can make people think you saw all these movies too!
     In no particular order
Lincoln
The Master
The Hobbit
Perks of Being A Walflower              
Must Be The Place
Django Unchained
Silver Lining Playbook
Life of Pi
Moonrise Kingdom
Les Miserables
Cloud Atlas 
Argo
Anna Karenina
Flight
Hyde Park on the Hudson
Seven Psychopaths
Trouble with The Curve
A Late Quartet
The Impossible
The Sessions
Hitchcock
Promised Land
Zero Dark Thirty
Amour
Rust and Bone
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Above is a trailer for The Artist, last year’s winner for Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Director. I loved this movie. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking it up.


 


2 comments:

  1. People who make people think they've seen movies when they haven't are weird....

    ReplyDelete